Last weekend was the Addy awards. UMC took home 10 awards 1 gold and 9 silver. We won the second most out of all the agencies/business that competed.

Sunday we stayed inside and watched the Super Bowl. I don't think I really left the couch all day. We are still putting the final touches on Hannah's room, but it is now about 97% complete. I just love how it all turned out. More pictures to come soon.
Well I was debating to even talk about this on my blog, but I thought I would anyway. I really have struggled with my body image throughout this pregnancy. I have never been very confident with my body, but I've been shocked on how much weight I have gained. People say I look great, but I just don't feel it. Well my worse fears were brought to life when I went in for my doctor's appointment on Monday.
I went and saw a different physician in my doctors practice, the 4th one I've seen. They make you see all the docs in the practice in case my doc insn't on call the day I go into labor. From the beginning of the appointment he made me feel uncomfortable and incompetent. I just wanted to get out of there. He was smug and so sure of himself and talked to me as if I wasn't educated at all. He then looked at my chart and asked if anyone had discussed my weight with me. They actually hadn't. None of the other docs have been concerned with my weight. He then proceeded to tell me that I had gained too much weight and I should have only gained about 20lbs instead of the 35lbs I have gained. He also rudely explained to me that I would not be able to lose the weight after the baby is born and that some women never lose the weight. As if I realistically believed the weight would magically come off right after delivery. He said I could continue to eat the way I do but I would just become more and more unhealthy. It was up to me though. I explained that I don't eat unhealthy but I wasn't able to really exercise because of my lack of energy. He smugly said well no one exercises during pregnancy it was my eating habits that got me this way.
I have never been treated so poorly by a medical professional in my entire life! I left the appointment feeling like a failure, humiliated, and more down on myself than ever. I cried for about 2 hours afterward. I'm really disappointed because all the other doctors I've met in the practice have been so wonderful, but this doctor really left a horrible taste in my mouth. I will not have him deliver my baby. I rather have anyone else but him. I plan on talking about it with my doctor in two weeks and see what she says about the situation. I'm getting over it, but I'm still really hurt by the whole situation. I think the important thing for me to remind myself is that God still thinks I'm beautiful and He's provided me with good health and a healthy baby throughout the pregnancy and not to worry about all the other stuff. As long as she's healthy that's all that matters.
Anyway I hope everyone stays warm and has a wonderful rest of the week. It's about 10 degrees outside right now.
33 Weeks Bump Photo


No comments:
Post a Comment